Today’s post is one I’ve been super excited about sharing, my second part of my trip to Napa Valley. I’m a total wine lover and Napa has been a place where I find myself completely immersed with nature, food and wine. The timing was even more perfect, the weather was a lovely 75 degrees and the flowers were starting to bloom (earlier than usual). If you saw my last Napa post, you’ll see how stunning everything was. Check out the post here.
This post is more of a guide of some of the wineries I visited and some of my favorite spots to grab a bite. The food in this small town was unreal delicious. You can’t get any more farm-to-table than wine country.
Here are some of my travel tips and best wineries to visit if you’re ever in Napa Valley! I hope you guys enjoy 🙂
- Frank Family Vineyard: This vineyard thoroughly impressed me. Mainly, the lovely man who gave us our tasting. He was so personable and helpful and taught me so much about wine and how to really understand how to taste, smell and enjoy the various wines he poured for us. He didn’t rush us, and even gave us extra tastings. Liam was his name, and wine was his game! He was so sweet, he even gave me a special bottle of wine that just made my tastebuds sing and dance. The property itself was also very beautiful, very rustic and very welcoming. Definitely one of my favorite vineyards.
- Joseph-Phelps Winery: Newly remodeled and absolutely breathtaking this winery was my favorite. The wines were absolutely divine, and I finally found a white wine that just hits the spot. We tried the premium tasting and being able to sample various Pinot Noir’s (my favorite) was just epic. I personally loved their signature wine, Insignia. The Sauvignon Blanc though…best white wine I’ve had in forever. This place is just magical. A must-see!
- Cakebread Cellars: This vineyard was so quaint and fun! Small and cozy, but the wines were to-die-for! I loved how perfectly balanced their pairings were and the property was just truly gorgeous. I felt like I were in my own summer country home with great wine…how perfect is that?
- Alpha Omega Winery: Talk about a piece of art! This whole winery is super fresh and modern and the gorgeous fountain in front makes you want to come in. The wines are truly delicate and exquisite and the vibe of the tasting room resembles a chic loft bar making it a very hip spot for tastings.
- Genova Delicatessen: OMG. I can’t say anything more about this place than OMG. This cozy little deli in a strip mall is probably the best deli I have ever been to. Instead of eating out for dinner, I would come here and get the meat ravioli and meat sauce and cheeses and other deli delights. The food here is so amazing and fresh, it’s the Bay Cities of Napa—but better! They have amazing sandwiches and deli salads and everyone there is just super friendly. I need to go back…for this place!
- Sweetie Pie’s Bakery: The coziest little sweets and coffee shop. Tucked away next a hotel, it’s a great casual place for a quick pick me up and some sweet goodness!
- Farmstead: Holy moly! This is as farm-to-table as you can get. The food was so delicious and fresh ( the burger is out of this world) and the venue itself is farmhouse chic. The lamb sliders and burrata-tomato salad will you make you drool long after you’re done eating.
These are just a few of the places I went to, but these are the ones that truly stood out! Hope you guys enjoyed this post and will visit these spots, I promise you…they’ll be worth it!